Chili Pepper Bridge

Chili Pepper Bridge

Sunday, August 14, 2011

first week finished, relaxing weekend

     Well the first week of orientation classes is finished, thank god.   A lot of the classes were really interesting and useful but man, 6 hours a lecture a day, 5 days a week!  Needless to say I was exhausted.  A lot of people in the TaLK program decided to go into Seoul this weekend, however I decided to remain at the University in Jochiwon to relax, catch up on sleep, practice Korean, and go on the free day trips they have planned for us.
     Today we went to a Buddhist Temple (Kaspa Temple I think it was called) up in the mountains.  It was AMAZING!  All the buildings were beautiful and the scenery was killer.  Trees, flowers, and waterfalls and pools that you could swim in and hang out.  Swimming in the waterfalls was my favorite part.  It was very calming and peaceful, plus it was really hot out and the water felt great!  There was also some time of ceremony going on with Buddhist Monks chanting and lots of people praying.  I couldn't tell what was really going on but it was really cool to see.  After walking around for a few hours we had a lunch provided by the temple of Bi Bim Bop.  It was delicious and really spicy!  I feel bad for the people in my program who don't like spicy food, the British people especially seem to be having a lot of trouble with it.  Good thing had had all those years of eating spicy Mexican food to prepare me.  Anyways, after lunch we got to talk to one of the monks and we made prayer bead bracelets and we also made posters where we had a engraving, and we put ink on it by hand and pressed down to make a copy of the picture, its was pretty cool.


    So now I'm back in my dorm room at Korea University writing this and it just started pouring rain outside.  At least the weather was nice earlier, I would have hated to miss out on the Temple because of a little rain!  So tomorrow we have another trip called the "Mud Experience".   I'm not really sure what this is but I think its going to involve me getting completely covered in mud, so I should have some funny pictures of that soon.  Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment