Chili Pepper Bridge

Chili Pepper Bridge

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Overdue update; winter begins

Ok sorry for taking so long to update this thing. A lot has happened since the last time I was on here lets start with...

My schools talent show!  It was awesome!  I sang a Korean song and also preformed in a traditional wedding play with my 3rd grade class.  It all went very well considering I only had a week to prepare everything.  The best part is that my school gave me a DVD of the whole talent show so I will always have it to watch.  If its possible I'll try and upload parts of it on the internet, otherwise you will have to wait to see the performance.





Next was Thanksgiving.  me and 7 other TaLK teachers rented a beach house in the city of Gangneung, which is only 45 minutes away from where I live.  One of the guys had went to the Costco in Seoul the week before to by all the american food.  We had two chickens (turkey was too expensive), garlic mashed potatoes, gravy, bread rolls, pumpkin pie and apple pie, and of course... many bottles of  Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider.  We spent the weekend playing board games, exploring the beach area (we even stumbled upon a abandoned amusement park) and of eating lots and lots of food. here are some pictures....




After Thanksgiving life went on a usual... planning classes and what not.  But... we also got our first big snowfall of the winter.   My roommate Kevin was pretty excited because he hadn't seen a proper snowfall since he was about 9 years old.  And I was of course excited because it meant the start of the snowboarding season... Needless to say that first day of snow we had a blast...




Yes the snowfall was epic, and since that day we have had plenty more.  I've been snowboarding already once so far and plan to go quite often.  I've never lived so close to a Mountain Resort so im going to be going more then ever before.  Also, this same week we had dinner with the EPiK teachers in our area who we have made friends with.  We went to a duck restaurant that was delicious...





All in all, the last month has been great.  Lately I've just been preparing my lesson plans for the Winter English Camps I will be working.  I was supposed to only work one but another school requested me to go and work theirs too, soo I'll be making some overtime money.  But other than that the school year is winding down and im ready for some vacation.  Nothing too crazy planned travel wise.  I fell like since I love snowboarding and I happen to be living in the "Mecca of Korean snowboarding" as they call it, I will mostly be doing that and hanging out with the locals.  anyways, I'll try and keep you guys updated more than once a month, but i am easily distracted...

No comments:

Post a Comment